Saturday, July 27, 2013

BI Y2 3. Articles


Articles (a, an, the)
We use a and an to talk about a singular countable noun. (单数可数名词)
Examples: a train, a parrot, an umbrella, an old lady     
The is used when
  • We speak the same thing again. Example: I give you a cat. The cat name miao.
  • When we know about the thing or the person that we are talking about. Example: I bought an apple from the market.
  • When there is only one such thing. Example: the sun

     
  1. There is _____ apple and _____ banana on _____ plate.
  2. _____ Taj Mahal is one of the wonders of the world.
  3. Dad and I catch _____ big fish.
  4. Amar is drawing _____ elephant.
  5. I want _____ computer game for my birthday.
  6. _____ children are playing with _____ ball.
  7. Tom woke up early in _____ morning.
  8. Lots of people are watching _____ parade. (游行)
  9. I need _____ umbrella as (因为) it is raining.
  10. Tun Dr Mahathir was _____ prime minister (首相) of Malaysia.
  11. _____ tallest girl in our class is Peggy.
  12. I usually have ___ egg and _____ bun for breakfast.
  13. Olivia has _____ younger brother.
  14. Mr. Lee is _____ honest (诚实) man
  15. The girl lives in _____ an old house. _____ house belong (属于) to her uncle.

No comments:

Post a Comment